Saturday, December 30, 2006

BANDS ON THE MENU

Someone reminded me the other day of a parody I wrote a while back for a local weekly in which I grouped dozens of bands by their names and related food groups. I can't find the story (on the internet--and, I'll be damned if I'm going upstairs to search through my, ahem, archives.)

So, let's just play a little game together, grouping bands and musical artists as we see fit. Please add your observations.

FRUIT:
the Raspberries
the Cranberries
Blind Melon
Bananarama
Neneh Cherry
Fig Dish
Moldy Peaches
Blind Lemon Jefferson
Tangerine Dream
Orange Juice Jones
Fiona Apple
the Lemonheads
Moby Grape
Virgin Prunes
Apples In Stereo

CARBOHYDRATES:
Wheat
Bread
Limp Bizkit
Flour

ANIMAL (AND ANIMAL-BY) PRODUCTS:
the Meatmen
the Meat Purveyors
the Meat Puppets
Lambchop
Tenderloin
Fishbone
Phish
Butter 08
Meat Loaf
Pork
T-Bone Burnett
T-Bone Walker
Meat Beat Manifesto

VEGETABLES /LENTILS:
Korn
Black Eyed Peas

CONDIMENTS:
Salt & Pepa
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Spice Girls
the Jam
Peanut Butter Wolf
Green Jelly

SNACKS:
Cake
Vanilla Ice
the Blow-Pops
Alice Donut
Chocolate USA
the Devil Dogs
Jawbreaker
Sugar
Sugar Ray
the Sugarcubes
Humble Pie
the Mighty Lemon Drops
the Wondermints
The Candy Butchers

AFTER-DINNER DRINKS:
the Coctails
Whiskeytown
Gin Blossoms

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Strawberry Alarm Clock
Mudhoney
Marys Danish
Lambic (like the beer)

Gina Vivinetto said...

Yes, indeed.
Hey, I've seen two of those bands live!

Unknown said...

There's a band from long ago called "The Cucumbers". I don't know much about them other than I have one of their singles called "My Boyfriend".

Gina Vivinetto said...

Oh, yeah. What I heard by them was pretty good.

Matt said...

there was a band called Blood Oranges from North FLA a couple of years ago. One of those crummy CDs Tom tried to get me to write about.