Thursday, December 21, 2006

WELCOME TO EARFUL OF COOL

Welcome to my new blog, Earful of Cool. I had to bid farewell last month to my beloved Bombshell Gallery, the greatest arts space Central Avenue ever saw here in sunny St. Petersburg. My happiest time in the Tampa Bay area - so far - has been owning and operating Bombshell. Some of you remember me as the former pop music critic of the St. Petersburg Times. I also wrote, briefly, for the Times' (then) weekly, tbt* and cohosted the internationally popular podcast "Stuck In The '80s." You'll find a few of my postings on the blog for the program, but, admittedly, my cohost Steve Spears did the majority of the blogging. Spears' new cohost is the amazing Cathy Wos, who is a good friend, and, also, my teammate in the upcoming Vh1 "World Series of Pop Culture" try-outs in Orlando in February 2007. Our third teammate is funny girl/writer Shannon Breen. Our team's name: Big Fun. Esoteric, and clever. Just how we like it. Wish us luck! In the meantime, check in with Earful of Cool to hear my latest musings on pop culture, music, and art. xoxo.

1 comment:

ocdiva said...

I breathe a sigh of relief to read your words once again.