Sunday, February 4, 2007

"BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER" musical notes

I haven't posted in days because I've been sucked into the hellmouth of Sunnydale.

Yes, 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer."

I never watched the show when it was a big hit (or even when it wasn't), but, I recently watched the first three seasons and I'm settling into season four.

Hey, were there a bunch of famous indie rock bands on that show, or what? I've already seen episodes with Cibo Matto, Bif Naked and K's Choice all playing at the The Bronze, Sunnydale's teen hangout. I'm looking forward to the much lauded episodes featuring Aimee Mann and the Breeders (who play the "Buffy" theme song).

(1) Does anyone know the names of some other bands that played the Bronze?

(2) For mega bonus points, what musician did Alyson Hannigan (Willow) date in real life before marrying Alexis Denisof (the fella who played Wesley Wyndam-Pryce, Buffy's "other" watcher)?

No comments: